problem with help -i

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: problem with help -i
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 01:39:04 -0600 (CST)

On 18-Mar-1999, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:

| As you can see in the appended transcript of my octave session, I'm having
| a problem getting help -i to work.  The error message depends on which
| directory I'm in (a path issue, I presume).  I'm not sure what's causing
| my problem.

What is the value of Octave's EXEC_PATH variable?  Is your copy of
info in a directory that is included in EXEC_PATH?

| Am I using an out-of-date copy of GNU Info?  Any suggestions
| welcome.

Yes, You need a newer version of Info that supports the --index-search
option.  One that does is GNU Info version 2.18 which is part of the
3.12 version of the GNU texinfo package.

jwe