Octave memory leak??

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Octave memory leak??
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 22:33:36 -0500 (CDT)

On  2-Sep-1998, (Ted Harding) <address@hidden> wrote:

| Does octace-2.0.11 have a memory leak?
|
| I was running a heavily iterative computation and over time the swap
| usage built up to about 180MB (out of 256MB). There was no obvious reason
| why this should be so, since no data structures involved were supposed to
| get larger or more numerous, and there were no recursive calls.

Does your code call functions defined in .m files?  If so, you may be
running into a bug that was actually in the kpathsearch library that's
used for looking up files in the LOADPATH.  I don't remember the exact
sequence of events, but I think I fixed the bug in an older version of
the kpathsearch library, then it reappeared when I upgraded to a newer
version of the library, but it was fixed for 2.0.12 (I think -- it is
definitely fixed for 2.0.13).

jwe