RedHat Linux

From: Mike Alder
Subject: RedHat Linux
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 23:41:09 +0800 (WST)

Hi,
I have downloaded what seems to be specified as LINUX
binaries. I found, after some misdirection, the install
instructions. This failed. I logged in as root and it
installed. Sort of. I moved to the /usr/local/bin directory
and there was an executable called octave. I typed `octave'
and got the message:

error: Segmentation fault -- stopping myself...
error: attempted clean up apparently failed -- aborting...
Aborted

So far all I seem to have accomplished is to clog up my
hard disk with a lot of files that don't do anything.

The download was from your homepages.

Any suggestions? (Other than buying MATLAB).

mike alder.