Help: Dynamic Functions Error

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Help: Dynamic Functions Error
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 23:05:51 -0500 (CDT)

On 17-May-1998, Ben Skelton <address@hidden> wrote:

| I recently built Octave on my system - RH 5.0 Linux 2.0.32. I am
| very happy with it.
|
| I am trying to get dynamic functions to work on my system. I have
| --enable-shared and --enable-dl configure options set and I have the shared
| libraries set up correctly.
|
| Here is the oregonator function from page 95 of the manual which I call test.
| get these error messages:
|
| >> test
| error: FStest__Fv: `/home/skeltobc/src/octave/test.oct: undefined symbol:
FStest__Fv'
| error: _FStest__Fv: `/home/skeltobc/src/octave/test.oct: undefined symbol:
_FStest__Fv'
| error: `test' undefined near line 3 column 1
| error: evaluating expression near line 3, column 1
|
| Any help is much apprecicated.

Did you just rename the .cc file without renaming the function as
declared by the DEFUN macro?  Octave uses the name of the .cc
file as the name of the function that it defines, so they must agree.

If that's not the problem, please submit a complete bug report to
address@hidden

Thanks,

jwe