octave-ci (Was: How to handle Matlab 'spconvert'?)

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: octave-ci (Was: How to handle Matlab 'spconvert'?)
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 21:28:56 -0400 (EDT)

  Hans>  There is a Matlab script file which loads a matrix A from an ASCII
  Hans> file and then does a AS = spconvert( A ). I hate to ask, but I didn't
  Hans> find help to handle this transformation under OCTAVE.
  Hans>
  Hans> How should I handle the 'spconvert' function under OCTAVE?

As I don't have access to Ma$lab: What is 'spconvert' ?

If you want to read dat from (and write data to) ascii files, you can try the
'aload.m' and 'asave.m' functions that come with octave-ci.tar.gz. Have a
look at

         ftp://ftp.ci.tuwien.ac.at/pub/octave/octave-ci.tar.gz

it contains code for a few topics as you can from the directory structure:

address@hidden:~> ls /usr/share/octave/site/m/octave-ci/
filefun         general         listfun         neural-nets     statistics
finance         linear-algebra  misc            signal          timefun

Cheers,  Dirk

--
mailto:address@hidden              According to the latest official figures,
http://rosebud.ml.org/~edd      43% of all statistics are totally worthless.