More on API for Octave

From: ldoolitt
Subject: More on API for Octave
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 17:52:55 -0400 (EDT)

I read the conversation between Haisam K. Ido <address@hidden>
and John W. Eaton <address@hidden> about an API for Octave,
that contained this gem:

  If you are using C++, you can call any of the functions in the
  liboctave library fairly easily, but currently it works best
  if you are creating .oct files, not standalone applications.

I find this excruciatingly true.  mkoctfile works like a charm.
Anybody want to give hints how to link up a _standalone_ c++ program
that uses the (nice, well debugged) octave matrix math classes?

At the moment, I am using octave-2.0.5 on Red Hat Linux 4.2,
but I can change to some other version if it would help.
Even after I get diarrhea of the -l options to gcc (-lf2c -loctave
-lcruft -lOctaveReadline -lncurses ...) I get stuck with
unresolved symbols -- symbols that seem to already be in -l'd
libraries.

     - Larry Doolittle   <address@hidden>