RE: HELP: plotting under windows NT

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: RE: HELP: plotting under windows NT
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 20:22:30 -0500 (CDT)

On 15-Apr-1998, Lance McBride <address@hidden> wrote:

| > Just use a command like
| >
| >   gnuplot_binary = "wgnupl32 -stdin";
| >
| > at the command line or in your $HOME/.octaverc file.
| >
| > jwe
|
| That works!
|
| Now gnuplot stops responding after drawing the data, which means no labels,
| title, text.  I can live with this, but is this normal for the patched
| Win32?

You mean that it doesn't respond to mouse events?  Mumit's README file
says:

  What's broken?

    [Event handling]
      No events are handled since gnuplot is always waiting for data on
      stdin. Under X, this is easy to handle (simply wait on stdin and
      X connection), but I have no idea how to do this in Win32. You'll
      have to replot to refresh, and to bring the window back to top,
      you'll have to close and reopen. Yuk!

    [HELP command]
      Borland's help compiler can't grok the file supplied. Probably has
      never worked.

You should still be able to put labels on the plots using commands
from Octave:

  gset title "my plot";
  gset xlabel "x"
  gset ylabel "y"