Re: PLplot package (more specifics)

From: Mike Blatchley
Subject: Re: PLplot package (more specifics)
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 14:27:26 -0600 (MDT)

Regarding my problem with PLplot posted yesterday,

>  Same thing happens with:
>  octave:1> grid   (or plot([1:10],[1:10]), etc.)
>  X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private resource
> denied)
>    Major opcode of failed request:  89 (X_StoreColors)
>    Serial number of failed request:  47
>    Current serial number in output stream:  62

I traced the offending statements down to 2 in pldef.m

  plscol0(15,0,0,0);
  plscol0(0,255,255,255);

If I comment these out, I get my plot.  However, if I move a window over
the plot, any area of the plot that the window passed over is "erased."
Is this just a problem with plplot, or do I still have some underlying
problem.

If anyone has suggestions on fixing these 2 items (other than commenting
out those lines for good ;-), I'd appreciate the help.

PLplot appears to be a powerful plotting addition to octave, so I'm
anxious to start using it.

Thanks again,

Mike B.
address@hidden