octave bug with replot?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: octave bug with replot?
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 18:04:13 -0600

On 12-Mar-1998, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

| I'm having some problems with octave, basically I have a program called
| "print.m" which does the following:
|
| gset terminal postscript color
| gset output "file.ps"
| replot
| gset terminal x11
|
| Now, with octave-2.0.9 all was fine, however with octave-2.0.11 the
| resulting postscript file is a bit strange and comprises a blank page
| followed by the required plot.  It seems that "replot" is the cause of
| this problem, since if the replot is replaced by the original plot command
| then all is fine.
|
| Any thoughts?

In trying to avoid one gnuplot bug, I ran into another.

The quick fix is to change the definition of GPLOT_CMD_REPLOT in
src/pt-plot.cc back to "rep" instead of "cle;rep" and rebuild Octave.
But that will bring back the problem with replot in multiplot mode
that I was trying to avoid.  Perhaps a better fix is the patch I just
posted to http://www.che.wisc.edu/octave/2.0.11-replot-patch (there is
also a link on the News page).

Thanks,

jwe