Re: memory exhausted

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: memory exhausted
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 20:51:02 -0600

On 22-Feb-1998, Peter Tufvesson <address@hidden> wrote:

| I have also encountered memory exhaustion under Linux. I have access to
| both a Sun running Solaris and a PC running Linux. The only thing I do is
| creating (large) vectors, like:
| SampleVector(index)=100;
| ...and so on. Under Solaris the process occupies around 5MB, under linux
| more that 60MB! (I don't know exactly how much since my virtual memory is
| exhausted)

Perhaps this indicates a bug.  Unfortunately, there is no way for me
to tell for sure because you haven't supplied enough information for
me to be able to reproduce the problem, and unless I can do that, it's
not very likely that I'll be able to fix it.

If you think you have found a bug in Octave, please send a complete
recipe for reproducing the bug to address@hidden
Please also read the section on how to report bugs in the Octave
manaul, or read http://www.che.wisc.edu/octave/bugs.html, to find out
how to write a bug report that will allow the problem to be fixed.

Thanks,

jwe