Line colors and styles

From: Steven N Harp
Subject: Line colors and styles
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 15:06:01 -0500 (EST)

Octave and gnuplot users,
When I use octave and produce graphical output, I view my plots in a
x11 window and I print out my plots in ps form. gnuplot uses different
colors for an x11 window and a ps files and the ps line colors also
have a line style associated with them. I would like to know if there
is a method for getting the same colors, whether a x11 window or ps
file. I suspect that this would require a change in the trm files in
gnuplot. Also is there a method to control the line style for the ps
terminal? Is it possible to get a solid red, blue,cyan etc line when a
postscript terminal is used ?

I guess one last question I have is that if the things I want to do
above are possible in gnuplot, would they be possible in octave.

Thanks

Steve