Re: Segmentation fault

From: Friedrich Leisch
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 17:17:40 +0200

> I have recently installed Octave on my linux 2.0.0. I think that I have
> a problem when calling for my .m (using function) files many times
> inside a simulation program for Neural Networks. Octave gives me
> the following error message:

> error: Segmentation fault -- stopping myself ...
> and the octave exits to the sell.

> Does anyone know how can I solve this problem? I would be very
> appreciated for any suggestion,

hope you appreciate some suggestions by me, too ;-)

anyway, to get started you should include some code (causing the
problem) into a help request, simply saying `I get a seg fault' is not
very informative ...

best,
fritz

                         Friedrich  Leisch
 Institut für Statistik                      Tel: (+43 1) 58801 4541
 Technische Universität Wien                 Fax: (+43 1)  504 14 98
 Wiedner Hauptstraße 8-10/1071      address@hidden
 A-1040 Wien, Austria             http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~leisch
      PGP public key http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~leisch/pgp.key