Re: HARDCOPY

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: HARDCOPY
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 14:10:39 +0000 (GMT)

( Re Message From: voorrips )

> Hello Octave community,
>
> I just ftp-ed the Octave binaries for Solaris - and they work!
>
> My first try with Octave was to make a hardcopy from a simple plot.
> I found that 'set term postscript' gives a black-and-white Postscript file.
>
> My questions are:
> - how do I get a color Postscript file?
> - how do I get an encapsulated Postscript file?

These are mainly gnuplot issues.

1. I don't know about a Colour Postscript driver for gnuplot.
   Plus, I think that octave translates colour into linestyle when sending
   to gnuplot. If there's no colour PS driver for gnuplot, it's not worth
   taking any action. If there is one, then the support m-files for the
   octave "plot" commands may need to be modified to refer to the colour
   styles. In my gnuplot, "set term postscript" puts the line
       /Color false def
   into the output.

2. "set term postscript" should produce an encapsulated Postscript file
   anyway, Check the start of the file: you should see
       %%BoundingBox: something something something something
   If that's there, then you have encapsulated Postscript.

Cheers,
Ted.                                    (address@hidden)