MATLAB-compatible file functions

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: MATLAB-compatible file functions
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 05:23:37 -0500

On 19-Jun-1996, Eyal Doron <address@hidden> wrote:

:    Can we expect MATLB-compatible file handling functions in the future?
: Currently file handling is one of the more incompatible Octave-Matlab
: areas:
: *) fprintf, fscanf, sprintf, etc. are not vectorized.
: *) Fseek and friends return 1 for success and 0 for failure, while
:    Matlab uses 0 and -1.
: *) fread and fwrite do not recognize all of the Matlab-defined binary
:    types (eg. 'real*4');
: *) fseek does not recognize the string arguments 'bof', 'eof', etc.
: *) Some other stuff I can't recall now.

As far as I know, all of these problems are fixed in my current
sources and the I/O functions are now mostly compatible with the
Matlab versions.

Thanks,

jwe