Re: problems compiling

From: Eric Lawrence
Subject: Re: problems compiling
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 14:07:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 19 Jul 1996, David Maharry wrote:

> I am trying to install octave-1.1.1 on a Pentum/Linux v2.0.0.  I
> have gcc-v2.7.2.  After running ./configure I run make and down in
> the make run I get the following error messages.
> What is causing this and how do I fix it?

Apply the patches found in README-GCC-2.7.0 and 2.7.1 which are in the
octave download directory.  Some fairly major changes took place in the g++
header files, and many of the source files needed to be patched.

> Thanks,
>
> Dave
>
> David E. Maharry

Eric Lawrence                 | "We are Pentium of Borg.  Division is futile.
address@hidden             |  You will be approximated."
http://mmm.mbhs.edu/~elawrenc |  --From the linux cookie file