C++ API to Octave

From: Murray Laing
Subject: C++ API to Octave
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 1996 10:55:23 +0100

Hi,

We've got a project going here to combine controllability analysis
with process synthesis. I'm investigating options for the
computing engine for the controllability stuff and octave has
been suggested as a candidate.

We do not want octave to run as a separate process, instead
we would like to link into the octave libraries and call
it directly from C++. What is not clear to us how
well octave supports this mode of use. I found a texinfo
file (liboctave.texi) that gaves a basic listing of the
various class member functions. Is there any intent to
make this a stable API, and if so is there any more
complete documentation?

Thanks

Murray

--