Re: fread/fwrite matlab --> octave

From: Guido Dietz
Subject: Re: fread/fwrite matlab --> octave
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 1995 13:09:23 +0100

# i have installed octave 1.1.1 on my Crimson SGI (S.O 5.2 64Mb Ram 2Gb Scsi
# Disk).
# I have some problem to read an image that contains signed integer of 16 bit
(in
# matlab it is possible using int16 in fread command), I have tried different
# format (as suggested in the manual, short, ushort, char etc.) without results.
# 10 1995) about this problem but there are two little problem:
# 1) this mail speaks about octave 1.0
# 2) this mail reports only the difference between modified files.

# I have send an e-mail to address@hidden and for the moment  I  haven't
# recevied an answer, perhaps someone could help me ?

Here I am!

I made a patch for octave-1.0 to enhance the octave compatibility
to matlab concerning raw file i/o including document patches. This
patch war delivered to jwe without getting an answer. Also I made
such a patch for octave-1.1.0 and octave-1.1.1, but delivering it to
jwe was without success.

If you are interested in getting one of these patches, please
contact me:

G.

address@hidden

PS: It might be that im not here between Christmas nad New Year!