Re: octave memory allocation problem ?

From: John Eaton
Subject: Re: octave memory allocation problem ?
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 95 14:59:36 EDT

Joao Cardoso <address@hidden> wrote:

: In Matlab, the "load" returns the data contained in the file, and I
: only need to do
:
: data =  load -ascii file_name;
:
: Of course, in Octave, with multi-variable data files, this is not possible,

I had no idea that this was the way load worked in Matlab.  Perhaps
Octave's load command could be modified to do something like

  # load the first three values from the file in the variables x, y,
  # and z.

  [x, y, z] = load foo

With no output arguments, the behavior would remain the same as before.

Does anyone see any problems with this change?

Thanks,

jwe