Re: DIPPR and dynamic models

From: John C. Campbell
Subject: Re: DIPPR and dynamic models
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 94 13:14:34 EDT

| Is there currently a mechanism for accessing the DIPPR database
| from octave?

Noel, on our local UT CHE machines you can use the routines in
/usr/local/database/octave to get 13 chemical properties of 100 common
compounds.  The m-files search the database for a desired compound and
store the data in a matrix.  This matrix is then used as an argument
to other routines to extract the desired data.

We are presently working on getting permission to distribute the DIPPR
database for use within Octave.  The DIPPR people normally sell their
product so we will have to see what happens.

John