help-ncurses

overjoyed cartel

From: Jerome Bradshaw
Subject: overjoyed cartel
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:20:41 +0100

The law courts will not enforce your decisionsif they are illegal. They are sick of me and sick ofyou and sick of the whole lot of us. Kings always have prorogued Parliament andgoverned without them until money ran short. I will put fifty thousand patriotic young Londonersinto Union Jack shirts.
The real master of the situationis Basham here, with his fifteen thousand police. They are sick of me and sick ofyou and sick of the whole lot of us.
Im free at last to put myneck in a noose if I like. I see what has to bedone now; but I dont feel that I am the man to do it. And you know very well thatthe country cannot do without Dexy. I am just as much against Cabinetdictatorship as individual dictatorship. And you think that in the streets you will win? Sorry I can be of no use to you, my dear Arthur.
The police come from the ranks of labor: dont forget that.
History teaches us that: thehistory you never read.
Isnt it ratherrash of you to put it into my head? But today your hatred, your envy, yourinsolence has betrayed itself. But I suspect you of really meaningbusiness.
What I want done is thewill of the people. I could not resist the French form of yourcharming name. Your job is to prevent me or anybody else from doinganything.
But even if he had blown that Parliament up, theywould just have elected another. They are sick of me and sick ofyou and sick of the whole lot of us.
I havnt had all the pluck taken out of me by poverty,like you chaps. Didnt you know that as a nationwe have lost the trick of thinking? Do you think you cangovern in this country without the consent of the English people? But in vain is thenet spread in sight of the bird.
My dear Mr Mayor, what is the right to strike?
But as a matter of fact, I do want to marry your daughter,Chavender.
As it is, Ill go back quietly to Scotland Yard. That bit of history is repeating itselftoday.
But even if he had blown that Parliament up, theywould just have elected another. Your share will only be a few shillings, Duke; and shewill reckon on having to pay for you. Dexy was at school with mebefore I went to Dartmouth. I will put fifty thousand patriotic young Londonersinto Union Jack shirts.
I must tell you, Arthur, that frivolity on a vitalpoint like this is in very bad taste. We know too well what we have to expect from yourJanissaries.