help-ncurses

machine gun

From: Hetty Crawford
Subject: machine gun
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 14:59:35 -0700

Maybe her master had abbreviatedto Gert sometimes. A chauffeur carried the rich mans pup to his car.
Jest time it is that youtook some pleasure to yourself.
The dog pulled back, breakingthe string the moment her thin uncertain grasp took hold.
Wynook put her thumbs into the corners of her mouth andstretched them upwards. The dog sensed trouble in Davids voice, in his touchshe felt sadness. During law vacation hevisited cousins all over the world.
He was most unattractive, a speckle-faced,slobbery, scowling infant. I took young Adam and wentto the Okanagan to try high air. Rockypoints jutted out into the sea at either end of it. They gave a nod and a woof in our direction and continued abouttheir business. Finally theMissionary said, Klee Wyck is the Indians name for you.
Neither of them noticedthe dust on his Sundays as they smiled off down the street.
He senthis car and I went to his beautiful estate.
Sissy, I said, was intended for a kennel matron. Ghastly whitepipes twisted and meandered through the dimness. He won the blue, delighting in the fussand admiration. He always came to see me whenvisiting Canadian cousins. The Cousins BobtailsTWO MEN, cousins, came to buy Bobtails.
The woman stretched a kindly hand to them.
Unless I send her over to mother dumb Allan!
Nod, nod, another nod, Times theres no easin the fretsof Missus. Everyone said, Adam will be wild, impossible after nineteen monthsof freedom. Spitting on the floor was forbidden,so the children went out and spat off the porch.
He fancied Meg; I liked the way he handled her. I tookher and her saddle-bags to the butchers for the daily kennelrations. Atlast we took the lake boat going to Penticton to catch the Vancouvertrain.
Aweary woman shoved the gate open with the front wheels of the pramshe pushed. I struck a flu epidemic and laysix weeks very ill in Kelowna.
The woman stirred in her unlovely sleep, andher hand started automatically to jog the pram handle. He gave a flip to his dusty knees, but continued kneeling amongscraping, pawing pups. Now it is cruel to keep a creature of her sizein it. When the cows were stalled the man said Right,Lass!
She inspected the puppy, running an experienced finger around hisgums.
I took her small money in exchange for Punk, took it to buy valuefor him in her eyes. He and hislitter brother were competing, having outclassed all entries.
It hada sharp roof, two windows on each side, a door in front, and awoodshed behind.
Ugh, I loathed the name-Gertie among my patriarchs!
Now he is doubly solitary, surrounded by empty space as wellas dead silence.