help-ncurses

Number of lines problem

From: Ignasi Villagrasa
Subject: Number of lines problem
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:28:40 +0000

Hi everyone,

I migrated some time ago a WNT based program to RH7.2 Linux OS. I used ncurses 5.2 and all seems to work properly until I try to display information in line 25.

It's strange, because LINES variable is set to 25 in the session and the AXEL UNIX terminal where I'm testing the application is set to 25 lines in its BIOS configuration. I realize that 25 lines are used by shell when starting session, but only 24 lines are active when running the ncurses program.

A hint. Vi editor only lets 24 lines to be used also.

What am I going wrong ?

Thanks in advance, Ignasi Villagrasa.