help-ncurses

Builder an order checker

From: Andres Londoño
Subject: Builder an order checker
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 20:10:46 +0200 (CEST)

Hi.

(Please forgive mi english)

I am porting a program builded for DOS to Linux.

I am using Ncurses 5 weeks ago.

Now I have a big trouble writing a module:

An order checker:

You can se in window these columns

PRODUCT CODE   -  HOW MANY - PRODUCT  DETAILS - VALUE

The user input a code, then the program update product
details and value.

But I am writing it as follow:

int sale(void)
{
..

WINDOW *pad;

pad = newpad(cols, rows, begin_y, begin_x); /* I think
*/

mvprintw(pad, 9, 2," PRODUCT CODE   -  HOW MANY -
PRODUCT  DETAILS - VALUE");

prefresh(...);

echo();
mvscanw(pad, 10, 2, "%d", &code);

... search routine

mvscanw(pad, 10, 2, "%d", &many);

}

I don´t know why the screen can be updated, the input
do not appear, the cursor can be moved, etc...

The only way I found to make it work is to apply
scanw();  instead wscanw();

And When I call a subpad to output an alert the input
dissapear too.

---¿I have to use the window *WIN of main() to can use
wscanw?

---¿Is better to user a pannel, form library?

Thanks for your reply..