help-nano

[Help-nano] Cannot build nano from source on Debian Stretch

From: ⚡ Anti Antifa ⚡
Subject: [Help-nano] Cannot build nano from source on Debian Stretch
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 19:56:27 +0300

Hello, dears!

I'm totally newbie a linux user. My question is obviously crap, but i can't find any place where i can get help. I tried compile nano from sources and I do not get what I want.

Looking for some information i found this dependicies for building nano:

libncurses5-dev texinfo groff libslang2-dev libutf8proc-dev libgpm2 libtinfo5 libtinfo-dev libgpm-dev libncursesw5 libncursesw5-dev

At the xfce4-terminal i tried pass an arguments, to ./configure script like:

./configure --enable-nls --with-slang

and this works fine! I got new version nano! But when i open any files i don't see mouse pointer. It don't blinking. I'm close nano and run vi and mouse pointer start blinking again. I ran nano again and it stop blinking again.

What i must pass to configure script to add mouse blinking?

I downloaded source package from debian repos and looking for inside any information for building scripts but found only rules for building. Tried with this file build nano but i got the same result.

PS. English not my mother tongue.