help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] Downloading Nano for High Sierra

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Downloading Nano for High Sierra
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 20:56:56 +0100

Op 29-10-2017 om 22:05 schreef David MJ Schwartz:
Hi! I am a coding noob! I was told about Nano by a friend who said it may help
to create files like Readme.MD for my coding lessons. I already have Xcode
installed

I should think that you could use Xcode also for creating plain text files.
But if you want nano...

Please direct me to where I might download the latest version of Nano.

If you want to build from source:

  https://nano-editor.org/download.php

But since you're on an Apple machine, you may want to install nano via
Homebrew:

  https://brew.sh/

Install that, and then 'brew install nano' should do it.

Benno