help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] Disable justify on ^J

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Disable justify on ^J
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 15:54:07 -0400

I've not never seen the issue you're describing and have used nano
over PuTTY quite a bit.

You may want try try forcing your terminal to vt100 or vt220 if you
have issues with the default setup, which can do through the putty
configuration, or forcing it on the command line on the host you're
connected to (e.g. "export TERM=vt100").  Both of Mark and Benno's
suggestions are excellent as well.

There may be an issue with nano's input mechanism switching between
raw, cooked and cbreak mode, which was done some number of time over
the course of the editor's life, but you'd have to be willing to try
several different versions in order to determine where the breakage
began with the setup you're using.