help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] syntax highlighting rules for C++

From: Mark Yagnatinsky
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] syntax highlighting rules for C++
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 01:40:07 -0400

Sorry, I was being sloppy in my terminology; my intended audience was people who do speak C++.  At this point I'm not sure how guilty I should feel about wasting people's time, since I decided to use gedit.  Here's a simple example of what I had in mind:

#include<vector>
using namespace std;
int main(){} // whatever
vector<int> v;

In the example above, <int> is colored yellow (last line).  I don't think this is good, and I don't think it was the intent of the person who wrote these rules.
It's just a side effect of the rules that turn <vector> yellow (first line).

On Sat, Oct 15, 2016 at 8:08 AM, Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:

(Please keep the CC.  Use "Reply to All".)

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016, at 05:16, Mark Yagnatinsky wrote:
> It -Yc by default if the extension is cpp, but using -Ym has the exact same
> "feature".

Can you give an example file (preferrably one that you find online)
that contains (what you call) a template?  And can you describe how
you would expect this template thing to be colored?

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Same, same, but different...