help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] [Info-nano] [poll] which features would you like to see

From: Trevor Cordes
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] [Info-nano] [poll] which features would you like to see in nano?
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 23:59:55 -0500

On 2015-06-21 Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> a)  Delete a word leftward / delete a word rightward.

++ Would love this.

> c)  Find next occurrence backward / find next occurrence forward.
> (So you don't have to toggle the search direction with ^W M-B first.)

++ Would use this if it was there

> e)  An option to consider underscores to be part of a word.

If you're going to do that, might as well allow the user to define
"word character", i.e. by setting a set of symbols in the rc file.
Trying to guess what users would find useful is a useless task, see
gnome-terminal's recent woes in this regard (various bugs, some fixed).

> f)  An option to save a file by default in Unix format.

++ I thought it did this already.  I almost never load a DOS file, and
it would be nice to rc/alias an option that forces saves in unix.  I
rely on unix2dos for the odd time I need CRLF.