help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] Question: how to empty the cut-buffer

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Question: how to empty the cut-buffer
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 18:39:50 -0500

Um, do you mean normal deleting one character at a time? Nano supports
standard delete left (Backspace Key or ^H) and delete right (Delete
Key or ^D).

The cutbuffer is not cleared until new text is cut, and that's by
design.  Normally the standard cut buffer is used to repeatly paste in
a line which was previously cut.

If you mean cutting blocks of texts you can use selective text marking
using Control-6 (on some keyboards Shift-Control-6) or Meta-A to begin
marking selected text for cutting.