help-nano

[Help-nano] How to Unjustify?

From: James Freer
Subject: [Help-nano] How to Unjustify?
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 22:43:23 +0100

I've started using nano for text editing [editing word text not
programming] and was impressed with the ^W^U for justifying a complete
file instead of just ^J for a paragraph. However, if one saves the
file after ^W^U how can one unjustify to single line again. I know
this must be simple but i've missed something obvious somewhere.
Ideally i'd like to use a console editor that's got softwrap like
gedit or similar. I use Alpine for mail so nano would suit me.

I prefer a console editor but i do need to be able to go back to a
full unjustify to copy text into a word processor when necessary which
can then do it's own softwrap. I'm an editor for a car club Newsletter
so i prefer to get down what i want to say and then transfer to word
processor. Also does nano have bookmarks from what i can deduce... No.

thanks
james