help-nano

[Help-nano] QuickEdit and Insert Mode

From: Gary Roberts
Subject: [Help-nano] QuickEdit and Insert Mode
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 10:14:33 -0600

Some background info:

Windows 7 x64
nano 2.2.6 (cygwin port)
shell is Windows PowerShell v2.
Cygwin not installed, using the vanilla download from Nano.org site.

I am aware this has nothing to do with Nano itself, but was wondering if anyone might have some insight to resolve.

I use Nano as the default editor in my powershell window. On my old laptop, i could check under Window Properties / Edit Options, QuickEdit and Insert Mode, and enjoy the benefits of hitting "Enter" to copy highlighted text, and "Right Clicking" my mouse to paste. After a reload of the laptop, (complete HD wipe and OS install), i have to manually check these each time now, the default settings will not "apply" so to speak. This happens if i run nano in PoSH, CMD or just double clicking the exe from explorer.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

/gr