help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] (no subject)

From: David Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] (no subject)
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 19:02:27 -0500

On 9/26/07, Joshua Conner <address@hidden> wrote:
> Is there an OpenVMS version of nano, if not it would be nice as
> OpenVMS has about 6 different text editors and they are all horrible
> to use as they are built for VT terminal keyboards.

Not as far as I know.  However, if I recall correctly, OpenVMS is
supposed to be POSIX-compatible, and nano is supposed to follow POSIX as
well (it uses some GNU and BSD extensions, but has equivalents for them
if they're not available), which should make it easier to port to
OpenVMS than it would be otherwise.  I don't use OpenVMS or have access
to any machines running it, though, so I can't help with that...