help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] Configuration issue with Nano

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Configuration issue with Nano
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:00:46 -0500

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 03:15:15PM -0500, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
> Hmmm.  Is everything displayed properly after pressing Ctrl-L to refresh
> the screen?
>
> > Does this sound like a common misconfiguration that you recognize?
>
> Unfortunately, no.
>
> > It does appear to me as though somehow the program believes it has
> > either fewer or more lines and/or character positions to work with
> > than it actually has, but I don't know for sure.

I have seen this before on HP's ILO remote management console, and it is
as you mention Wayne, the number of lines looks incorrect.  What would
be helpful is if you tried other utilities like 'vi' and even 'less' and
see whether these programs function as expected.   You will probably
need some combination of setting TERM to "vt100", and using the resize,
reset or stty sane commands.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

v2sw7CUPhw5ln6pr5Pck4ma7u7LFw0m6g/l7Di5e6t5Ab6THen7g6Ma29s5r3p7 hackerkey.com