help-nano

[Help-nano] ctl-space and esc-space

From: Haller, Tom
Subject: [Help-nano] ctl-space and esc-space
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 22:13:38 -0400

Hi nanites,

I'm using nano v.1.2.4 from the Windows binary. I love this editor! But when I use it in a Windows 2000 command console, the ctl-space combination does not work for advancing by word. Instead I get spaces inserted. I tried this on three different machines.

I have a problem going backwards by word too. Using the escape-space combo (apparently I can't use the alt key in Windows because the OS grabs it), I have to take my finger off the escape key and press it again before hitting the space each time. So going back multiple words is very cumbersome. Is there any way to change this, or get the alt key to work instead?

Other than that, this is a really fine editor in a great tradition. Kudos to its authors & maintainers!

Tom

Music from EMI

This e-mail including any attachments is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received it in error please advise the sender immediately by return email and then delete it from your system. The unauthorised use, distribution, copying or alteration of this email is strictly forbidden. If you need assistance please contact us on +44 20 7795 7000.

This email is from a unit or subsidiary of EMI Group plc.

Registered Office: 27 Wrights Lane, London W8 5SW

Registered in England No 229231.