help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] numlock probs since v1.0.x

From: Vincent . Raffensberger
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] numlock probs since v1.0.x
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 11:38:03 -0500

I had tested with 1.3.2 before.  The numlock row does function as F1-F4.
I checked out the cvs this morning at 11:00 and got slightly different
results with that build.
That version was 1.3.2-cvs
The numlock row still acted like F1-F4.  0-4 keys did nothing.  4-9 keys
were still "^M" "^N" "^O" "^Q" "^R" "^H".

Let me know if you want me to try or test anything else.  I've been using
this since it was tip and am glad to get the chance to help out.

" David L. Ramsey" <address@hidden>
06/03/2004 04:27 PM

address@hidden
cc
address@hidden
Subject
Re: [Help-nano] numlock probs since v1.0.x

I know this has already been solved for 1.2, but I'd like to see if
there's a way to fix it to work (or at least work better than it does
now) with 1.3 too.

--- address@hidden wrote:
> What would have changed since version 1.0 that would break numlock and
> the numberpad? When the numlock is pressed, help comes up, and 0-9 on
> the num pad are "_" "\" "^" "]" "^M" "^N" "^O" "^Q" "^R" "^H".

I've been looking into this, and according to what I've found out, the
VT100 keypad is laid out like this:

   _____________________
  | F1 | F2 | F3 | F4   |
  |    |    |    |      |
  |____|____|____|______|
  | 7  | 8  | 9  | -    |
  |    |    |    |      |
  |____|____|____|______|
  | 4  | 5  | 6  | ,    |
  |    |    |    |      |
  |____|____|____|______|
  | 1  | 2  | 3  |      |
  |    |    |    | enter|
  |____|____|____|      |
  |    0    | .  |      |
  |         |    |      |
  |_________|____|______|

This is of course different from the PC's numeric keypad; NumLock is in
F1's place, and so on.  Now if NumLock is getting mapped to F1, that
would explain why it makes the help come up, so maybe the "/", "*", and
"-" keys next to it are getting mapped to F2, F3, and F4.  Does "/" act
like "Exit", "*" act like "WriteOut", and "-" act like "Justify"?

> I don't get this on a console, only from a terminal emulator like
> TeraTerm and Putty.  I've tried both vt100 and xterm. I've tested this
> on v1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 and get the same thing.

Which version of 1.3?  Current 1.3 CVS has a few changes in how the
numeric keypad is handled.  Would you mind trying it out and letting me
know if anything works properly?  Or, if you can't get CVS, it should be
out as 1.3.3 soon, so would you mind trying it out then?  Thanks.
[attachment "signature.asc" deleted by Vincent Raffensberger/ENG]