help-nano

[Help-nano] SUN bug

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: [Help-nano] SUN bug
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:18:02 +0000

i wrote hastily:
> i have now found what the cause of this bug is, and it has to do with TERM
> settings. i use aterm, which uses TERM=rxvt. the bug disappears if i use
> TERM=xterm. but i wonder why this happens as the rxvt terminal itself works
> fine, and aterm is a pretty well debugged program.

actually... i just found out that our sysadmin has set the TERM=xterm for rxvt,
so that comment about nano working under rxvt is false. it is broken in aterm
and rxvt when using the TERM=rxvt

it is also worth noting that i get the same bug in the system /usr/bin/vi

anyone have any ideas what could be wrong with my system setup? obviously
nothing is playing nice with the rxvt termentry

cheers,
Sam
--
Free High School Science Texts