help-nano

RE: [Help-nano] Configuring question

From: FISCHER Janice
Subject: RE: [Help-nano] Configuring question
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 15:12:16 -0800

Thank you Jordi.  My problem is I'm taking a class...and this instructor wants
us to compile from source instead of just installing the rpm.  Seems a bit of
overkill for a fairly beginner class, but there you have it, he wants it, he's
the boss.

I used "locate" and found gettext in usr/lib
I found a lot of gcc entries in /usr/bin and /usr/lib
Can't find anything called ncurses-devel

Is it possible that I don't have PATH set up correctly?  I haven't mucked with
it. It's the RH9 default

/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin

I tried ./configure --with-included-gettext
Still got told "no acceptable c compiler in $PATH"
Is there a difference between "gcc296" and "gcc"?