help-mcsim

Re: Defining fixed variable for a certain time

From: fredomatic
Subject: Re: Defining fixed variable for a certain time
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2021 21:11:27 +0100

Hi!

If you just need to use a state or "output" value at time zero, then
yes, that is possible, because that value can be computed in Initialize
and assigned to a parameter there. Then you would us that parameter.
If you want to use a state or "output" value at a time t different from
zero, you would have to define what happens before that time, and you
would have to record somehow its value at time t. You can try using
Events() but they maybe too restricted. An alternative is to use
Inline() code to catch the value at time t. You must make sure that the
integrator evaluates Dynamics{} or CalcOutputs{} at time t. The best
would be to define an output time, even if dummy, as that time.

Others may offer different solutions...

Frederic