RE: GMAKE 3.81 vs GMAKE 4.2

From: Brian Cowan
Subject: RE: GMAKE 3.81 vs GMAKE 4.2
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 18:18:47 +0000

Unless you have specified -k, a non-zero result from executing the build script
will cause make to terminate with a non-zero return code. If you use -k, I
would expect a non-zero return code from make even after the make continues. It
seems to do that in my rather stilted test… I’m not sure of the utility of -k,
but I have seen environments where *a* component would fail in the first pass
of a -k build, and then complete successfully in a second -k build. Sometimes
it's faster to just run the build 2x than to chase down what's happening in the
build dependencies...