Re: GMAKE 3.81 vs GMAKE 4.2

From: nikhil jain
Subject: Re: GMAKE 3.81 vs GMAKE 4.2
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 19:12:43 +0530

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for your reply.
I actually do not know how many targets will be compiled (we have more than
10k targets in a Makefile). So, is there a straightforward way to know that
only a single code file is changed and it will be an incremental build and
not a full build ?

Regarding return value of make - I want to print the status of make before
make exit. Somewhere in main.c at the end ? Can I do this ? Which variable
holds the status inside make source code ?

thanks in advance! You guys are awesome.