Re: MAKECMDGOALS and spaces

From: David
Subject: Re: MAKECMDGOALS and spaces
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 11:05:36 +1100

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 at 21:23, Sébastien Hinderer
<Sebastien.Hinderer@inria.fr> wrote:
> David (2021/02/18 13:07 +1100):

> > These comments are more my reactions or possible ideas than recommendations:
> > 1) Don't use stupid operating systems.

> To be honest I foudn this comment rather useless and improductive. I am
> not in a position where I can choose which operating systems we are
> supporting or not.

Hi, yes certainly, it wasn't meant to be advice and I probably could
have chosen better words but sometimes I can't be bothered to polish
such emails. It was my genuine reaction and I included it not to convey
a harsh message but rather to set the context I was writing from.
As hinted by my first sentence above.

Namely that I don't care about Windows or know it in any
useful detail, but I wanted to share the other idea in case it
turned out to be actually useful even though I had no means
to test it or any experience to judge if it was a stupid idea or not.

I think that Kaz's suggestion to use an installer is probably a
better one, even though that horrifies me even further. An
OS where one is compelled use some non-open installer
to write entries into an opaque registry, ugh, I don't like it :)