Re: Make 4.3 rebuilds .o files when unnecessary

From: Tommaso Fonda
Subject: Re: Make 4.3 rebuilds .o files when unnecessary
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 08:58:35 +0100

The kernel tree I'm working on is much, much older than yours (it's Linux
3.4!)...
Given it's not a make-related problem, I guess it's a problem with Linux
3.4's general Makefile & build system. I'll have to stick to make 4.2,
however I'll try to build newer kernel trees (for x86_64, but it shouldn't
make any difference) to find which is the oldest in which I cannot
reproduce this issue. If I find the root cause of the problem, I might be
able to "backport" the fix from said kernel version into my 3.4 tree.
If you have any additional suggestions, do let me know, please!
Thank you to both of you for your help.
Regards,
--
Tommaso