Re: GMAKE 3.81 vs GMAKE 4.2

From: nikhil jain
Subject: Re: GMAKE 3.81 vs GMAKE 4.2
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2019 07:36:05 +0530

Just to confirm -

My build works with all the make versions. It's the binary which fails.

Binary works with only 3.81 and the alpha test release you gave.

It fails with versions starting from 3.82 to 4.2.

So it looks like the wild card issue as you mention.

Unfortunately there is one more issue which is not solved in 4.2 and alpha
release.
I don't know if its a make issue or makefile issue.

I use command line option VERBOSE to enable and disable rule display on
screen while building. I usually check if I pass verbose as false then I
append @ to the command so make doesn't display it.

But when I pass true, still it doesn't display the command.

With 3.81, verbose true and false works.
So, I was just wondering if there is some change in command display
starting version 3.82 ?

Any information will be very useful to me at this point. I do not really
want to go back to 3.81 and implement the remote execution again.

Help.

Thanks
Nikhil