Re: help

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: help
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 10:11:25 -0400

On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 09:35 +0800, robertguo99 wrote:
> $(if $(KBUILD_VERBOSE:1=),@)

This says "if the KBUILD_VERBOSE variable is not empty and is not equal
to 1, then the result of this evaluation is the character "@"; otherwise
it's the empty string".

> following to the "$(filter-out _all,$(MAKECMDGOALS)) _all"

The filter-out function removes the words matching the pattern given (in
this case the static string "_all") from the list of words in the second
argument.  MAKECMDGOALS is the list of goals provided on the make
command line (if any).  So this says "take _all out of the list of goals
provided on the command line, then put it at the end".

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://make.mad-scientist.us