Re: gmake message

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: gmake message
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 11:37:43 -0500

%% "Eric Leenman" <address@hidden> writes:

  el> I give the command: gmake-378 kleur.mak

I think you mean to say "gmake-378 -f kleur.mak".  See the GNU make manual.

  el> I get the response: gmake-378: Nothing to be done for 'kleur.mak' .
  el> Why is that?

Providing a file on the command line asks make to build that file, in
this case "kleur.mak".  Make doesn't have any rules to build that file,
and it already exists, so make says it's up-to-date and there's nothing
to be done.