Re: NMake

From: Noel Yap
Subject: Re: NMake
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 07:59:05 -0500

NMake is completely different from GNU make.  I suggest you look for an email
list for NMake.

HTH,
Noel

Omar Guzzetti wrote:

Dear
I'm student on University of Milan and for my thesis I need to use NMake program for compile Condor java-class packeges on Windows NT. I have followed your README.W32 instructions, but when I try to subscribe Makefile to Nmake program it give back a sintax error : ")" missing in macro invocation.
Follow there is a part of code that nmake program analized :

  PACKAGES = \
                   condor.cedar \
          condor.classad \
          condor.classad.tests \

  SUBDIRS = $(subst .,\,$(PACKAGES))  # syntax error on this line

 # top-level Makefile version
 .PHONY: default $(SUBDIRS)

Thanks for your support.

Best Regards,