Capturing and converting makefile output

From: Paul Power
Subject: Capturing and converting makefile output
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 19:13:26 +0100

Hi all,

I've been a reasonably heavy user of gnu make over the
Previous few years and the one thing I would really like
To see is a way to capture the output from a makefile
( errors and standard completion ) and convert it to a
given format.

Does anyone know if this has been done already or
is there a grammer/convention document anywhere that
describes the possible outputs from a make execution and
I'll see if I can put something together ? Obviously
I'd prefer not to have to invent the wheel :-)

Thanks in advance,]

Cheers,

Paul
address@hidden