Re: make build problem ....

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: make build problem ....
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 09:16:24 -0400

%% Sadanand Limaye <address@hidden> writes:

Make finds GCC on your system:

  sl> checking for gcc... gcc

But it doesn't work:

  sl> checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no

So make fails:

  sl> configure: error: installation or configuration
  sl> problem: C compiler cannot create executables.

So, you need to figure out what's wrong with your installation of GCC
(or what configure thinks is wrong with it).

You can look in the config.log file to find more info about exactly what
happened.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/