Makefile on AIX 4.3

From: Maurizio Romani
Subject: Makefile on AIX 4.3
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 13:08:25 +0200

Dear sirs,
I've a little problem:
I need to use GNU make to compile a product, but seems the make loses the environment settings ....

For example, when I try to use an IDL compiler, the OS notifies the following error: "not able to find the dynamic library ...." even if the LIBPATH environment variable is correctly set.
Using the default (given with the OS) make command, this error is not "thrown".

Can you help me ????
This is the output of the make -v command:

GNU Make version 3.79.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
Built for powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.2.0
Copyright (C) 1988, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000
        Free Software Foundation, Inc.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Report bugs to <address@hidden>.
Thanks in advance,