help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] beta critics

From: Kasper Hviid
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] beta critics
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 20:08:24 +0200

About the Respawn Delay, I think the game actually works fine as it is. However, since the games major feature is "power to the user", it should be possible for users to adjust this setting too.

Anyway, here's my own 6.0.0.7 criticism ... I'm using Windows Vista. (Hey, has anyone tried LW6 on Windows 7?)

What does a button with the text "Use XML files" mean? Will clicking the button cause XML files to be used, or does the text indicate the current status?
I would prefer that it was toggled like this:
 [v] Use XML files
 [ ] Use XML files
Alternatively, it could be written to indicate that the text descripes the current status: "XML files enabled" / "XML files disabled"

I have never understood the difference between rules.xml and hints.xml

The keyboard don't work in the menu. (may be a larger discussion: how should the keyboard be used in the game?)

When I tries to drag the LW6 window around, the game frezes. (no big deal now, but might be trouble in online games, which shouldn't be interrupted)